Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baby Making Update

The quest for a child continues. It’s now nearing three and a half years since Nicole and I started trying to have a baby and sometimes you can’t help but ask yourself if it’s all worth it. Month after month of trying, getting tested, taking pills, paying lab bills and stressing out while you wait starts to grind on you. At this point, I think Nicole’s the only reason we’re still trying. I think it’s more a “woman” thing that keeps her going. I’m ambivalent to the situation. On one hand, I would love to have a baby with Nicole. It would be a representation of the two of us and how much we mean to each other. It would be something we created together – our own blood. On the other hand, it’s not something that I need. I know how I feel about Nicole and how she feels about me and people see that in the way we treat each other every day. While I would love to have a baby with Nicole, I also wouldn’t mind adopting. It’s a viable option that we’ve both talked about recently and will probably start looking at a little more seriously if nothing happens by late summer. And who knows - maybe if we adopt, it’ll take the pressure off having our own baby and Nicole will get pregnant. It’s in God’s hands at this point. Only He can tell what the future holds for the two of us.

No comments: